Monday, October 12, 2009

Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara



Smashbox makes a bunch of my several makeup products, but mascara was never one of them. Lash DNS might not change this significantly, but it's still a pretty decent mascara. Its main advantage is in the length/curling arena (it doesn't add volume, though). I can't say if it's a result of the formula or the spiral brush, but using Lash DNA certainly makes enough of a difference that I can often skip my quality time with the lash curler.


I followed Smashbox's instructions and applied the second coat while holding the brush vertically. It really gives that curled and open effect and was quite neat (once I got the hang of it and stopped painting my face with the wand. What can I say? I'm a klutz). The other suggestion from Smashbox was to use translucent powder on the lashes for volume. Yes, seriously. I thought this little trick hasn't been practiced since 1980 or something. What's next? Using a pin or a needle to separate lashes? I hear that's what they did in the 60s.

Smashbox Lash DNA mascara ($19, currently on sale at Sephora for $9) is available online and in every Sephora store. I got a couple of mini tubes as a gift with purchase.

Mascara photos are mine, Yardley Twiggy lashes ad from Seventeen magazine, October 1967, myvintagevogue.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment