Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nars Smudge Brush No.15



I can't say I'm very loyal to any brand of makeup brushes, though when it comes to blending, I tend to favor the ones from Sephora Professional Series. They feel nicely balanced in my hand and the heads are exactly the right size. But recently I needed something very specific- a narrow brush to apply dark eye shadow right on the lash line and do a little smudging, both on the upper lashes and the bottom ones. I looked at several options, and selected Nars No. 15 Smudge Brush.
It delivers perfectly. While I don't do a real smoky eye, I use (very) dark eye shadows on the lid and blend them into my eye liner. I also like applying just a hint of color right into the lower lashes without getting a bovine or a basset hound effect. The Nars smudge brush does the trick very efficiently. It picks just the right amount of eye shadow and places it where it belongs. How did I live without it for so long?

Bonus photo of Buffy, just because she's so pretty:


Nars No. 15 smudge brush ($25.50) and the rest of the line are available from Sephora (where I bought mine), both online and in store, nars.com and beauty.com.

All photos are mine. As is the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment