Monday, July 9, 2007

Mostly (All) About Eva

Odds and ends for a Monday morning:

  • Helg from Perfume Shrine is wondering what was Eva Longoria's fragrance on her wedding day. There's also a link to a list of celebrities and their favorite perfumes. I only skimmed the list, but I have to say that while not surprising, there's very little inspiration there. Young Hollywood is all about fruity-florals and laundry detergent scents, while classic Hollywood seems to have shared the same handful of bottles. Still, of interest is the fact that Creed's Irish Tweed Green that was created for Cary Grant, is now worn by his modern incarnation, George Clooney. I think I see a bottle in the Blond's future.
  • (photo of Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman from the movie Notorious)

  • Speaking of my husband: He was sitting next to me as I was writing my previous Eva Longoria post. He looked at the photo and commented: "That's a Chanel, right?". Apparently, he recognized both the fabric and the deconstructed trim. Color me proud.


  • Last one about Eva's wedding: Look at this picture (courtesy of Mollygood. Click on the photo, it's worth it) of her mother-in-law, Tony Parker's mom. Can she be wearing Proenza Pink lipstick? I'm not saying a word about the roses on her ankles (or the cleavage).




  • Since we're sort of the topic of celebrity obsession, Jake Halpern's book, "Fame Junkies" , offers an interesting perspective of this subculture. I have yet to finish the book, but so far I'm enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment