Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Alexa Chung And Yasmin Le Bon At The 2010 British Fashion Awards



Or: Why I'll never be a cutting-edge fashion blogger.

I know Alexa Chung is considered a top It Girl, fashion icon and whatever. She's a very beautiful woman, for sure, but I've never gotten the magic.  It seems to me she's a little too eager to cross the fashion victimhood line, and that doesn't work for me. Alexa is not making it easier for me to figure her out- this is how she walked the red carpet at the 2010 British Fashion Awards- between the horrible hair and this unflattering Chanel dress (sorry, Uncle Karl), I'm utterly confused.


Now, Yasmin Le Bon is and has always been fabulous. I've even forgiven her for marrying my Simon. But this Christopher Kane dress is not doing her any favors and that's just sad.  So, instead, I'll comfort myself with a vintage Yasmin and Simon Le Bon:





Photos of Alexa Chung  and Yasmin Le Bon at the  2010 British Fashion Awards by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images Europe.
Yasmin and Simon Le Bon by Gilles Bensimon, 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment