Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick (Vendome 25 and Talisman 27)













A few weeks ago I had an email conversation about red lipsticks with Trish from Scent Hive. I just started testing several of the new Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks and was all about Vendome (#25) that day. Trish recommended Talisman (#27) as a wearable but strong warm red. I already bought Talisman but had yet to even take a photo, not to mention actually wear it. Trish was right. The next day I took the comparison photos you see here and started wearing Talisman, which is a great everyday red, less dramatic and a bit more sheer than Vendome.

I find both lipsticks to be equally moisturizing, though they don't have the hydra-plumping effect that some new lipsticks offer. They leave quite a it of pigment behind even after a drink or a snack, and as you can see in the photos below, they survive roughhousing with a 14 lbs cat. By the time I took the last couple of pictures we were playing for 15 or twenty minutes and quite a bit of the lipstick was transferred to Tulip's paws and chin (I cleaned him up later), but there was no smudging on my hand.





Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks ($30 each ) are available from most decent department stores and chanel.com. I bought mine from Saks and Neiman Marcus.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment