Friday, October 9, 2009

Bobbi Brown Lip Crayon (Raisin Berry)




The reintroduction of of Bobbi Brown's lip crayons into the collection is proving to be a great idea. The thick pencils are among the most useful lip products one can find. They are wonderfully creamy and easy to apply, even when one is in a hurry. They travel well and do great on the go. The texture is like a high quality matte/satin lipstick, so you can wear them plain or topped with a clear gloss (my preference, though the pencil is light and not drying at all). The staying power is superb- the color barely transfers to the bottle of water or tea cup. I couldn't ask for anything more. The crayons come with their own sharpener, which is always nice (I really need to find an efficient way to store the various sharpeners).

I bought the Raisin Berry crayon, which was the darkest one offered. It's a brown-based berry with a bit of red in it. Good for evenings but also appropriate for daytime, especially if your lips are naturally dark. I also tested and liked Wild Rose, but decided I have enough "my lips, but better" neutral shades. Still, highly recommended.

Bottom line: Love.

Bobbi Brown Lip Crayon ($22) is available from every semi-decent department store and the company's website.

Photos and freaky looking inner wrist: all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment