Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Colorful Makeup Brushes: Lancome Declaring Indigo and Sephora Color-Dipped


I've been refreshing and sprucing up my makeup brush collection. Some of the items simply needed to be replaced, but I was also inspired by the new and colorful brushes that have been popping up. Sephora has a collection of five double-ended makeup brushes ($18-$35) in bright, happy colors that cover most of one's possible needs, from foundation application to creating a smoky eye:


The rock star of this season's special brushes is Lancome's Declaring Indigo set. This Nordstrom exclusive is a limited edition and part of the Declaring Indigo makeup collection for fall 2009. Makeup-wise, I was only interested in the new gel eyeliner (review coming soon), but the brushes were so gorgeous I had to buy two sets, one for myself and one for my sister.


The set includes four brushes (one is a double-ended shadow and liner) in a glossy pouch that looks much more elegant than most makeup bags available and is a perfect size to slip into one's handbag. The largest one is a mineral powder foundation brush, but if, like me, you're not a mineral foundation user, it's still useful for various finishing powders and products. I love it with my Laura Geller Balance'n'Bronze. While the brushes aren't as fluffy and soft as I would have liked, they are super thick which makes them great performers- they grab and hold the right amount of product. They are also the perfect size for me- I prefer shorter handles, not just for ease of use but also for storage, which is extremely important for me: My makeup brushes must be firmly locked out of feline reach.



Images: Sephora Double-Ended Color Dipped Brushes from sephora.com. Lancome Declaring Indigo Brush set photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment