Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Obligatory Sex And The City NY Premier Commentary










I have to be honest here: while I was really excited about the release of Sex And The City: The Movie (just think of the shoes), nothing turns me off as quickly as over-hype. But since I'm here for the pretty, the shiny and the snarky, let's ignore the PR machine and look at the dresses:


Sarah Jessica Parker skipped the crazy hat, and instead chose a gorgeous Nina Ricci gown. I watched the red carpet arrivals on E! (though I kept it on mute. I have done nothing so bad as to deserve another Juliana Rancic show), and there was also a questionable pair of shoes, thankfully hidden under the dress and a vintage looking clutch. I love everything about her look. The hair is her trademark and the makeup focused on her eyes, her best feature.



Kristin Davis made an unfortunate choice with her Donna Karan dress. I hoped it just didn't photograph well, but it was just as horrid on screen. Stiff, promish and the length is in what Tim Gunn calls "the frumpy zone".



It seems that I'm the only one who liked Cynthia Nixon's Narciso Rodriguez dress. While her co-stars have gone metallic, Cynthia is pale and ethereal. I think she looks lovely.

Kim Cattrall has apparently trying to orchestrate a wardrobe malfunction since the Toronto premier (see this photo). Still no nip-slip, but she looks dangerously close.


What do you think? Who is your favorite? And why does Matthew Broderick look mostly-dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment