Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dolce & Gabbana Ruby (#110) Ultra-Shine Lip Gloss





I have a thing for bright red lip glosses, often in particular shades of red I wouldn't dare wear as a lipstick. The sheerness of most glosses allows my natural lip color balance the red, so the result is quite fetching (and easier than a true red lipstick). Ruby (#110) by Dolce & Gabbana is almost too much of this good thing. Like all other D&G glosses I've tried so far, it's very pigment, almost like a liquid lipstick.

Ruby isn't shimmery, which makes it even more lipstick-like. I use it sparingly, keeping it as sheer as possible- it has more than enough coverage even in small servings. It can also be built for a gorgeous dramatic look, but I'd suggest priming the lips and using a sheer/nude liner, since one testing found me with quite a bit of this lip gloss on my teeth.

Dolce & Gabbana Ultra-Shine Lip Gloss ($29) is a Saks exclusive. Available online and in select locations.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment