Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Les Khakis de Chanel Nail Polish











I know I'm the very late in reporting on these, but I was away when Chanel released the nail polish trio Les Khakis on Fashion's Night Out. I got them as soon as I came back, of course, because the colors were so special and irresistible to me in their edgy elegance. I chose to skip Khaki Vert, the mossy green one, for practical reasons. It's beautiful, but knowing myself it's not something I'd wear very often and I already had Essie Sew Psyched, so I felt covered in this color department.

Les Khakis de Chanel are a limited edition, and I enjoy Khaki Brun and Khaki Rose so much I'm considering a backup, especially for the latter. It's such an easy to wear shade and works for me perfectly. I love that they are a little muted and it takes a second glance to realize how unique and complex they are. This fact makes them quite office friendly and ensures one would get a good use of the Les Khakis.

Khaki Rose is a warm beige brown. The rose undertone is more pronounced in full sun, while a gray and rainy day like today brings out the brown cinnamon heart. I find it very flattering on my hands and makes me want to go shopping for some accessories in this color. Khaki Brun is a very interesting polish. As you can see in the photos taken in direct afternoon sun, it has a lot of khaki in it (thank you, Lady Obvious), but indoors it's much more of a taupe in the same mushroomy style Chanel has made famous. It's still elegant enough to be perfectly acceptable in all but the most conservative environments.

Quality-wise, Chanel has made some serious progression. As Sabrina of the Beauty Look Book observed the other day, the creamy consistency is so opaque you only need one coat for a uniform full coverage. I can't begin to tell you how happy tis makes me. I'm a DIY girl despite my klutziness, so being able to paint and go without waiting between coats (and messing up my nails every time a cat even looks at them) makes it the polish I'm more likely to use.

Bottom Line: I wish it were part of the permanent collection.

Les Khakis de Chanel Nail Polish ($25 each) can be ordered online from chanel.com.

All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment