Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Are you willing to give up your mascara?





Vogue UK predicts we'll see some naked lashes and eyes this fall. Based on designer Christopher Kane's fall/winter 2010 ready-to-wear show, Vogue UK names the no mascara look as one of the hottest new beauty trends of the year. Looking at photos from the show, it's not just mascara that's missing. Eyes are barely defined and the liner, if any is used, is soft brown. This explains the several medium brown eye pencils that have appeared around here (I have a couple of reviews coming), but I can't say I'm excited about it.

As someone who's rather keen on looking alive and is no longer a spring chicken, defining my eyes is quite an important part of doing my makeup. Otherwise it comes scarily close to exposing the world to the way I look when I first wake up. This particular pleasure is reserved for my nearest and dearest, most who are feline and don't care one way or the other.

How about you? Are you ready for pale lashes? It works for Tilda Swinton, after all.

Photos: vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment