Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sue Devitt Silky Eye Shadow (Agadir, Cap Ferrat, Monaco)










Here's one of my greatest eye shadow loves recently: Sue Devitt Silky Eye Shadows. It's been ages since I bought anything by Sue Devitt, for no reason other than the colors always looked off. But as soon as I saw these eye shadows I knew I had to have them.

The texture is as silky and smooth as Sue Devitt promises. The finish has a metallic sheen, but it's not over the top. Used responsibly, they are perfectly wearable during the day, and the colors are fairly neutral, though Agadir certainly has quite a bit of character and I use it only as an accent. It's very flattering against brown eyes. Cap Ferrat, a sandy beige, is lighter and less pigmented than it appears in the pan. The swatch clearly shows that it's more of a highlight/inner corner of the eye color, though I've been experimenting with blending it with other colors. Monaco is a warm taupe/medium brown- an easy to wear everyday color. I can't have too many of those.

The Silky Eye Shadows stay on beautifully the entire day (over a primer). They don't crease, flake or crumble and remain true to color and sheen (but they lose luminosity without a primer).

Bottom line: Love.

Sue Devitt Silky Eye Shadows ($18 each) are available from select department stores. I bought mine at Barneys.

All photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment