Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Giorgio Armani Armanisilk Lipstick (No. 92)






Armanisilk lipsticks from Giorgio Armani are another proof that long lasting lipsticks are not what they used to be. I swore off them years ago, because the enduring pigment was not worth the dryness and uncomfortable feeling. Chapped and flaking lips are just not my favorite look. But Armanisilk offers a much better alternative. A satin finish with a very long lasting tint that survives a snack and a cup of tea. While it's definitely not balmy, it doesn't scorch the lips and feels almost weightless.

Armanisilk no. 92 is a mauve with a brown base, but not scary brown. It's quite neutral and plays well with many other colors. I like using it under various glosses that add moisture and shine and adjust the color to my needs. While I have to reapply the lip gloss as usual, the lipstick color underneath stays put for hours.

Bottom line: Probably my favorite lipstick in the long lasting category.

I bought my Armanisilk lipstick ($25) at my local Saks. It's also available from Barneys and giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com, just be aware the online swatches there are not very reliable, so test in person.

All photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment