Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Diptyque Tam Dao Shower Gel


The Blond has discovered the joy of luxury bath products. It started when I got him the Guerlain Vetiver body wash (I think I bought every tube I could find before they disappeared from the market), the upgraded for the Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire shower gel (dreamy. Review coming soon). Now I got a bottle of Diptyque Tam Dao shower gel which he believes is his, but just like the perfume- I beg to differ.

Tam Dao is a wonderful sandalwood in any form, and the creaminess of the scent works beautifully in a bathing product. It feels and smells luxurious, lathers lightly and is gentle on my sensitive skin. The Blond approves the cleansing level and likes the way it feels.

I find that the scent lingers on my skin longer than on his, though you can't skip the perfume. Speaking of which, the shower gel has a drier scent than the EDT and is less spicy. Next on my list to explore are the Diptyque Philosykos body products. It's fig, after all, and there's a rich body cream. Stay tuned.

Diptyque Tam Dao Shower Gel ($44, 6.8 oz) is available from Barneys, Aedes, BeautyHabit and most other stores that sell the Diptyque range.

Photo of sandalwood elephants (there's an elephant on the pretty Tam Dao box) by RottieLover♥ on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment