Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose Dry Oil)


Or: My Mother Knows Best

Last year in Paris I saw the ads for Nuxe products all over the city. I had every intention to check the dry oil which seemed to be in every drugstore/pharmacy (there are two things I envy most about living in France: baked goods and drugstores), but somehow never got to it. I was happy to learn that unlike decent croissants, Nuxe is actually available on our shores from several online retailers. I kept meaning to order the famous Huile but, again, somehow never got around to do it, until my mother, who apparently has been using it for ages, sent me a bottle and a firm order to use it.

And she was right, as always.

While I'm not adventurous enough these days to attempt using the dry oil on my face or hair, as recommended on the bottle, when it comes to my limbs and other body parts this is a fabulous product. Easy to spread and fast absorbing, it's never greasy and won't give you the Gwyneth Paltrow finish. It softens, moisturizers and makes even my cuir de crocodile look and feel normal with no sticky residue, which is especially appreciated in the summer.

The scent is this faint beachy-white floral thing with a hint of clean musk in the drydown. It doesn't project and won't interfere with perfume, as it disappears within 20 minutes or so.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multipurpose Dry Oil ($44 for 100 ml that last a very long time, and be aware that there's also a gold shimmer version, but I'm utterly not responsible if you get that one) is available online from beautyhabit, apothica and beauty.com. Or if you're in France, just about on every street corner (but you probably already own a bottle and don't need me to tell you about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment