Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Benefit Some Kind Of Gorgeous


I was fully expected to dislike Some Kind Of Gorgeous, a cream-to-powder foundation from Benefit Cosmetics. It only comes in two colors, regular and deep, and the texture had me worried: it feels very oily when you touch it, but goes on quite dry. I had to make sure my face was moisturized and primed, otherwise the powderiness was too much and my skin appeared dry. Actually, I wasn't sold on this product until over a few uses I noticed how well it settles and melts, until it gives a smooth and flawless finish.

The coverage is sheer to medium and the the effect is a very even complexion. Somehow, the regular color is a perfect match for me. I'm still not sure how well it works for very fair faces, but as far as I'm concerned it's a winner. The compact is very travel-friendly, and while you should definitely use a brush for best results, a (clean) finger would work in a pinch, so nothing else is necessary, making it ideal for an overstuffed makeup bag.

Some Kind Of Gorgeous ($26) is available from Sephora, several department stores and online. I got a mini compact as a GWP when I stocked up on some essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment