Sunday, April 30, 2006

Monyette Paris


The Hot Pack sample set I bought last week from Luckyscent had many interesting goodies, including  Monyette Paris, a fragrance that was just reviewed by the Beauty Addict . It's always interesting to compare a product review to my own experience, especially when it comes to fragrance. Body chemistry, taste and even memories are what makes our impression of a perfume; And it varies a great deal from person to person.

Upon opening the vial and taking the first whiff I was strongly reminded of my mom's eternal Chloe (my mother and her one-fragrance devotion are worthy of a separate entry). It was the heady gardenia and maybe some other white flowers, but the scent took a turn towards sweetness and incense, so I didn't mind so much.

I'm not used to using a perfume oil, especially in a vial (but that's just the sample. The real thing comes as a roll on, so there won't be cleavage drippage). It took Monyette Paris a few minutes to set until I could get the feel of it.

All I can say that it was lovely. There's depth, warmth and a sense of fun. I'm a vanilla girl, so whatever is in the base works very well. It's sweet but not foody and unlike many other tropical perfumes, it's free of fruit.
I loved it. My husband also approved even though he didn't find Monyette Paris very sexy. He thought it was cute and summery.  It's a winner, and I'm going to buy the entire range- including body wash and lotion. I'll pass on the candle, though. You can't really have burning things in a house that's run by eight cats.

Monyette Paris can also be purchased from BeautyHabit.

No comments:

Post a Comment